- Amazing features that enable teams to work efficiently have put Microsoft Teams on the map.
- With more than one account, users are looking for ways to add them all to the app, and in this guide, we will explore how you can do that.
- There are four different ways to sign in to Teams with multiple accounts.
- If you’re a mobile user, you can simply add multiple accounts to Teams and switch between them on your device.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Microsoft Teams is an amazing tool that increases teamwork efficiency thanks to chat integration, video conferencing option, Skype calls, file sharing and much more.
With Microsoft Teams you have so many features that there is no need to use another tool.
Also, if there are multiple organizations you work with or you just want to add more than one account, there are now some solutions that will allow you to do so.
There is an easier way to manage all accounts, and in this article we will explore exactly this, so read on.
Can you sign in to multiple accounts in Microsoft Teams?
Although Teams doesn’t offer a built-in method to use more than one account at a time, there is a workaround for this. It will allow you to sign in to multiple accounts in Teams even without an official option to do so.
Read on to find out how exactly to do this.
How can I sign in to multiple accounts in Microsoft Teams?
1. Use the Teams app in different browsers
Because it’s not possible to add multiple accounts directly in Microsoft Teams at this time, you can still have different instances of the app open while you’re signed in with different accounts.
If, for example, you have two Microsoft accounts and you want to have a Microsoft Team login for each, then you can use different browsers.
Unfortunately, you cannot sign in to Microsoft Teams with different accounts while using the same browser. So you can simply sign in with Chrome for one account and Opera for the other account.
2. Use the mobile app for Teams
Another solution would be to use Microsoft Teams from your Android phone. Here you can easily add more than one account.
That means you can easily switch between different accounts on your phone and participate in conversations without having to constantly log in and out.
Of course, you can simultaneously use the Windows app while using the mobile app. Finding the best solution for your needs might take some testing, but in the end, we’re sure you’ll get it.
3. Create PWAs (Progressive Web Apps)
1. Go to the Microsoft Teams web app.
2. Sign in with your Teams account.
3. Click on the … located in the upper right corner of the browser window.
4. Now press Applications.
5. Now select Install this site as an app from the list of options.
6. A new window will open on the Teams app screen. Right click on it and select Pin to taskbar.
7. You can now open new separate instances of Teams each time you open the app from the shortcut on your taskbar. By doing so, you can use multiple accounts at the same time.
Another method you can use to sign in to multiple accounts in Teams at once is to create Progressive Web Apps, also known as PWAs.
By doing this, you will be able to open multiple instances of the app at once and thus use multiple accounts at the same time.
4. Use third-party software
Another option for having multiple accounts in Microsoft Team is to use a dedicated tool that will allow you to easily switch between accounts and other apps.
One of those tools is Franz, a versatile tool that will allow you to navigate through multiple accounts and workflows.
The app is quite easy to use, but keep in mind that this tool will not allow you to access other Office 365 apps at the same time.
If you only use Microsoft Teams, then Franz can be a great option. The app supports a variety of messaging services, such as Slack, WhatsApp, WeChat, Messenger, Telegram, Google Hangouts, Skype, Zendesk, etc.
With the With Franz Workspaces features, you’ll only receive notifications from your work-related accounts, so you don’t have to worry about time being wasted by distractions.
With this, we can conclude our list of solutions. As you can see, there are several easy steps you can take to add multiple accounts in Microsoft Teams.
It looks like the engineering team at Microsoft is working hard to integrate this functionality into the app and hopefully it won’t be long until it’s released.
If you have additional comments or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below.
there are 1 comments