Ark: Survival Evolved received a massive overhaul on Nintendo Switch last year with the release of ‘Ultimate Survivor Edition’.
In case you missed it, it improved visual quality and performance, reduced load times, and added a number of quality-of-life features, including inventory management. Fast forward to 2023, and now another patch (Version 2.0.5) has been released.
This latest update focuses on adding support for the Ragnarok DLC, but it also comes with a number of fixes and improvements. Here’s the full rundown of what you can expect via the official patch notes:
Ark: Survival Evolved – Version 2.0.5
- Added support for the upcoming Ragnarok DLC
- Non-dedicated sessions now available
- Fixed broken state where wild dinosaurs would stop moving online
- Fixed creature spawning issues.
- Fixed broken anti-mesh logic incorrectly killing players when entering pearl caves online
- Fixed days without saving online
- Significantly improved melee combat performance
- Fixed some creatures getting lost during ascension.
- Fixed crash that would occur when Network Error dialog is present
- Fixed hives floating on the island.
- Fixed Tree Sap Taps
- Fixed aberration outdoor lighting
- Fixed multiplayer movement issues with parachute and zipline.
- Enhanced post-processing images underwater
- Enhanced Aberration Cave Lighting
- Fixed overly bright tooltip icons
- Improved Baby Reaper visual effects
- Fixed Reaper King aggression issues.
- Fixed Reaper impregnation issues while riding a creature.
- Fixed visual issues with the Rockwell Trophy.
- Fixed Manticore trophy colors to be accurate.
- Fixed lighting at rockwell boss arena
- Fixed animation issues with Rockwell’s tentacle.
- Fixed issue where tamed Megalosaurus would stop while sleeping.
- Fixed Megatherium to preserve sitting state on save/load
- Fixed many ground seams and collision issues on all maps.
- Fixed bad movement on the wheels if the player disconnected while mounted online
- Fixed blinking online mating icons
- Fixed animation hitches in the online opening map or cycling tools.
- Fixed creatures in caves to be untamable by design.
- Fixed Cryopod tooltip not displaying stats correctly
- Still Images in “She Who Waits” Explorer Notes
- Fixed ballista turret displaying ammo when not having any.
- Cheat fly is no longer interrupted when colliding with water
Have you tried the latest Switch update for Ark: Survival Evolved yet? Do you notice anything else? Tell us below.