news tip Cyberpunk 2077, Edgerunners: how to put yourself in the shoes of David Martinez? Our complete guide
Are you interested in playing Cyberpunk 2077 with the build of David Martinez, the hero of the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners series? It’s entirely possible. We have prepared on this page all our tips to achieve this. Implants, equipment, skills, etc. Find our complete guide to creating a playable replica of David Martinez in Cyberpunk 2077.
While we’ll avoid any major spoilers, we’ll cover on this page the various implants that David Martinez installs as he evolves. If you haven’t seen the series and you want to discover the hero of the story little by little, we strongly advise you not to continue reading this article.
- Sandevistan: The heart of the gameplay
- Which Sandevistan and why?
- Optimizing your Sandevistan
- gorilla arm
- David’s Skills
- Technical capacity
- Cold blood
- Pimp your David
Sandevistan: The heart of the gameplay
Sandevistan is the main implant that David finds early on in the series that will make him incredibly effective at what he does. This implant allows him to move much faster. In the game, Sandevistan slows down time in order to agree with your humanly much more limited reflexes than if you too could stuff yourself with implants of all kinds.
Which Sandevistan and why?
You can find quite a few Sandevistan implants scattered throughout Cyberpunk 2077. But there is one in particular that allows your character to be almost constantly under the effect of speed, like David Martinez. This is the Qiant Sandevistan MK4.
The problem is that it is only available from the Charcudoc encountered during the mission The Space in Between from Evelyn Parker’s arc. If you’ve already done it and mistreated the Charcudoc, and the game pushes you to it, he will refuse to sell you anything when you return to see him later. There is no other way that we know of to get this Sandevistan in the game.
The Qiant Sandevistan MK4 is perfect for simulating that of David Marinez. It has a very short rest time that you can shorten even more with the right cyber equipment. Eventually, you will have the possibility of being under the effect of Sandevistan almost non-stop, like David.
Qiant Sandevistan MK4 Stats:
- Requires 15 Reflexes
- Slows time by 25% for 12 seconds with a 15 second cooldown.
- Increases your damage by 15% while in effect
- Increases your critical strike chance by 15% while in effect.
Naturally, other Sandevistans will do just fine to achieve a roughly similar effect although you won’t be able to cut the rest time that low. The Dynalar Sandevistan MK4 sold by Viktor is a perfect example. It requires 15 Reflexes and slows time by 25% for 16 seconds with 30 seconds of rest.
Optimizing your Sandevistan
Now that you have your Sandevistan, it’s time to optimize it. Reducing the recharging time of the implant is the main objective.
- Blood system – Bioconductor: This cyber hardware reduces the idle time of any other cyber hardware by 30%. A must have for your Sandevistan. You can buy the Legendary version from the charcudoc of the Aldeclados and will definitely have to do a part of the Hellman Arc to meet them.
Their charcudoc is not displayed on the map, but it is there! You’ll find it in their largest open van.
- Sandevistan Module – Heatsink: Depending on its rarity, this module to place on your Sandevistan can reduce the rest time of the implant by up to 4 seconds. And you can place one per module slot, or three on the Qiant MK4. You will find the construction plan of this module near the charcudoc of Santo Domingo near the fast moving mission Waterfront (if he doesn’t have it in his shop, pass the time until he sells it). Note that the higher your Crafting level, the rarer the crafting blueprint you have, even once purchased. A minimum Crafting level of 18 is required to access the Legendary Heatsink.
David Martinez uses his gorilla arms a lot during the clashes. These are mechanical and reinforced arms that allow you to throw super-powerful punches.
You can find the legendary arms at different Charcudocs:
- In the city center, in the center.
- In Heywood at Welllsprings.
You are free to place the modules of your choice. Some increase critical damage, hurt robots or humans more, etc.
While it’s hard to be specific about David Martinez’s skills, we can still try to get close enough for the illusion to work. Note that we have completely left out Intelligence.
Having 15 points in this stat is mandatory to wear the Qiant Sandevistan MK4. You may want to add a few more points to optimize your implant. Skill level, you can place some points in Handguns. After all, David sometimes uses his gun.
You can also spend some points in Blades to join his build during DS. Especially since playing Sandevistan with Mantis Blades can be extremely fun with the movement bonuses you can unlock.
This is where you will improve your character’s damage and health. In Street Fight, do not hesitate to put the package. This is where all your damage will come from with Gorilla Arms. The points in Athletics will allow you to resist fights more easily. Of particular interest are the Improved Health and Mitigation nodes.
- 18 points for optimization
In order to wear certain items and implants, you are required to unlock Legendary Crafting (Artisan Edgerunner). It’s worth raising the crafting level high enough to get the best upgrades for the Qiant.
Engineering side, bladerunner (increases damage against robots) and Mecha Raider (to get better crafting mods) are two nodes to aim for.
- The rest of the points, about a dozen
David seems to get stronger as the fights go on. Merciless then works very well. You can spend some very interesting points there increasing movement and attack speed, resistances, armor, and melee weapon damage.
In Ninjutsu, Focusing in Assassin will increase your damage against humans.
Pimp your David
Now that you have the basics for your character to look like David, it’s time to go on the implant frenzy. There are plenty of Cyber upgrades to make your David even stronger and more resilient. Here are some examples :
- Subcutaneous armor: Improves armor, immunizes to different effects like shock, etc.
- Biomonitor: Restores a large portion of your health (100% in legendary) when you drop below 15% HP.
- Micro-vibration generators: Increase melee damage.
- Reinforced tendons: To do double jumps.
- Mechatronic core: Increases damage done to robots.
- Auxiliary heart: Restores you after being killed.
- Micro rotors: Increase your melee attack speed.
- Restorative Death: restores your hit points when you kill an enemy.
Finally, if you want to add a final touch to your character, we can only refer you to our guide Cyberpunk 2077, Edgerunners: David’s jacket and Rebecca’s weapon, where to find the iconic equipment of the series? to equip yourself with David Martinez’s iconic jacket.
Our complete Cyberpunk 2077 walkthrough