Vow of the Disciple is the newest raid for 1-6 players in Destiny 2which is part of witch queen expansion. It takes players to the swamps of the Throne World of Savathun, where they will face off against the Scorn faction. The raid offers exotic and legendary weapons as rewards, as well as new outfits.
This guide will provide you with a complete guide to the Vow of the Disciple raid and the final boss in Destiny 2. Note that players must complete the witch queen campaign to enter the raid. It is also recommended to be at least level 1530 in order to compete in this raid.
Destiny 2: Vow of the Disciple Raid Guide
Payload guide (opening)
The raid begins from an encounter and a fight with the Savathun projection. The fight should be pretty easy, but it’s necessary to open the door to the payload.
Once you’re in the payload, which is a type of vehicle, you need to do the following to get it moving:
- defeat all three Knowledge Bearers
- pick up all knowledge buffs they fall
- Stack all Knowledge buffs on the Useful load
Once all Knowledge Bearers are defeated and all Knowledge buffs are stacked on the Payload, it will move to the next checkpoint. This process will be repeated five more times at different checkpoints.
Note that you cannot get too far away from the Payload, or you will be penalized with Darkness. Once a checkpoint is cleared, all penalties will be removed.
Additionally, each time you stack a knowledge buff on the payload, you will be rewarded with the following buffs:
- elevated knowledge
- overflowing knowledge
- overflowing knowledge
Obelisk Guide (Acquisition)
Image Credit: Fireteam Ragnarok
In this section, players must defend the three obelisks (top, middle, and bottom), which have walls with symbols that players must remember. Each time these symbols are random.
Players must reveal the following symbols by doing the following:
- upper obelisk: Kill the Taken Knight
- middle obelisk: Shoot the pillar in the center to open the corresponding door
- lower obelisk: Kill the corresponding Glyph Guardian (left for light, right for dark)
Once all three Obelisks are defended, they will display three symbols that you need to remember. Then shoot the Obelisk that shows the three correct symbols. You must shoot the symbols very fast.
If you do everything right, the Obelisk will display the following message:
“The Obelisk accepts your offering.”
There are several reasons why players might fail this section:
- do things too slow. Once the obelisks fill with bright light, which is a timer, your team will be wiped.
- Shoot the wrong symbols. You will have another chance after the rearrangement of the symbols.
- Let Scorn damage the obelisks. Once the obelisks get too damaged, your team will be wiped.
If you fail to hit this section, the Obelisk will display the following message:
“The Obelisk rejects your offering.”
At this point, you will need to reset the entire section and repeat the process again.
The Caregiver’s Guide (Collection)
The Caretaker is the first boss of the two in the Vow of the Disciple raid. This Scorn boss will try to destroy the obelisks that he needs to activate to proceed to the next section. If he manages to destroy them before you move on, you’ll have to start over.
This section consists of the following tasks:
- stun the caretaker
- Go into the dark rooms to collect three symbols
- Shoot the corresponding symbolsyou have collected, in the Obelisks
- achieve this in the three obelisks
- This will activate the damage phase in The Caretaker
Divide your team into two groups: one should focus on stunning The Caretaker, and the other on collecting tokens and shooting Obelisks.
Your strategy should look like this:
- a player needs shoot the caretaker head on
- When his rear is opened, another player needs shoot his back until the boss is stunned
- The third has to remember the symbols in the obelisks and pick the correct symbols inside the rooms
- The room must open the doors across the room
- The last two players must focus on shooting Adherents that are swarming
When all three obelisks are active, you can start dealing real damage to The Caretaker. If you have weapons as exotic as the Divinity and Outbreak models then you should have no problem beating this boss.
In this way you move from one floor to another, and in the end The Caretaker will run for his life.
Artifact Guide (exhibit)
This section includes three Antechambers, and you can complete each of them by following these steps:
- Pick up the first artifact. to start the timer
- Kill both Glyph Guardians and remember the symbols revealed
- Kill the knight with the shield. removing the shield with the Splinter artifact
- kill the rest of the adherents
- Once symbols line the doorshoot the ones that match the ones revealed before
Note that players won’t be able to see both Glyphkeepers at the same time, but only the ones with the artifacts will see the Taken, and the rest will see the Scorn. So get in touch so we can match the symbols revealed on the door.
Each kill will extend the time on the timer and remove the Darkness penalty. But if you fail to complete this section in time, your team will be wiped and you will have to start over.
Rhulk’s Guide (Domain)
After a series of platform jumps, you will reach the Dominion arena to fight the final boss. Rhulk, Disciple of the Witness.
You’ll notice that you still can’t get close to the area with the boss, as the invisible gravity field will push you back. To really get close to the boss, you must first complete the Obelisks puzzle by doing the following:
- Destroy the omnipresent darkness pillar above the boss
- Let two players stand on the symbol on the ground, one of whom must have Leech Strength Enhancement
- Once the benefit passes from one player to another, kill the glyph keepers
- When Rhulk fires his laser, the player with the Leeching Force buff must jump over the laser and receive Emanative Force Enhancer
- Players with the Emanating Force perk must shoot the totem poles in front with the corresponding symbols
When Rhulk teleports back and forth, the process restarts until all of the totems fire. At this point, he repeats the previous five steps.
Once the barrier falls, you can finally approach the boss arena and take on Rhulk, who is surrounded by more symbol totems. This is what you need to do in order to beat Rhulk:
- Deal damage to Rhulk until drop your glaive that becomes a pillar
- Shoot the pillar to reveal the correct symbols and get the Leech Light Buff
- The player with the Leeching Light perk needs jump into Rhulk’s laser
- That same player can now shoot the correct pillar with matching symbols
- Once Rhulk’s Critical Point Revealedshoot him
In total, Rhulk will have four critical points. If you don’t manage to kill him fast enough, the whole section resets again.
You’ll know you’re close to killing it when it starts spinning. That’s when you need to put all your firepower into that critical damage.
Upon successful completion of the Vow of the Disciple raid, players will be rewarded with the following items:
- Collective Obligation (Exotic Pulse Rifle)
- Submission (Legendary Submachine Gun)
- cataclysmic (Legendary Linear Fusion Rifle)
- Insidious (Legendary Pulse Rifle)
- Patience (Legendary Grenade Launcher)
- Release (Legendary Fusion Rifle)
- Ruin of Lubrae (Legendary Glaive)
- Echoing Fury Suit (Hunter)
- Echoing Fury Suit (Titan)
- Echoing Fury Suit (Sorcerer)
That’s all you need to know about how to complete the raid Disciple’s Vow in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 tips and tricks articlesbe sure to visit our dedicated hub page.