343 has released the latest patch, or “drop pod,” for Halo Infinite. The newest Drop Pod introduces several new features that many fans have been asking for and will require 2GB or less to install. It brings changes to cosmetic items, multiplayer, menus, and more.
Visors are now compatible with all armor cores. This change will apply to all previously released viewers and new viewers in the future. The Mark VII helmet has also been made compatible with several accessories that were previously unavailable.
Additionally, players can now view their challenges in-game. They will need to pause the game and the challenges should appear on the right hand side. Challenge progress will not be visible during games, but will be added in a future update.
Here’s a closer look at the full patch notes for the August drop pod:
- Player shield volume has been reduced, even more so when out of sight.
- Helicopters will no longer boost after being disabled by the EMP effect of a dynamo grenade.
- The radius of the M41 SPNKR has been improved and it will constantly damage enemies.
- Fully charged plasma pistols will now deplete all shields, including active top shields.
- Brand assists and brand system related medals will now appear when the Overseer AI is equipped.
- Players can no longer mark enemies who are hiding behind waist-high cover.
- Custom Matches King of the Hill matches will go into overtime when both teams have the same score.
- In Free-For-All King of the Hill matches, the mini-scoreboard will no longer display unused meters, points, scores, kills, and deaths.
- Custom game wear now even when a team is completely eliminated.
- PC players can no longer move the camera up and down in observer mode.
- Observers will no longer be considered an enemy team in custom attrition games.
- The outline of the last circle in Danger Zones will not appear on a Last Spartan Standing in custom games.
- Dropped weapons will no longer stack during Tactical Hunter matches.
- The fourth challenge slot will only appear if you purchased the battle pass.
- Visor colors will now appear on the Cambion helmet with the UA/Februus accessory and the AKIS II-GRD helmet with the TAS/Lantifrid accessory.
- There will be unique game mode icons for Land Grab and Last Spartan Standing in the menus.
- The Ranked Arena playlist now correctly updates the Estimated Wait tooltip.
- Error messages will appear more in matchmaking playlist menus.
Players can no longer exist a vehicle to cancel an enemy’s grappling hook.
Light and Medium Vehicles
Light and medium vehicles like Ghost or Warthog can now take more damage from small firearms. These changes will apply to both the campaign and multiplayer modes.
Global (campaign and multiplayer)
- Reduced high impact damage on light vehicles from 160% to 155%.
- Reduced high impact damage on medium vehicles from 128% to 125%.
- Reduced Shock damage on light vehicles from 30% to 25%.
- Reduced Disruptor’s Super Combine and Dynamo Grenade damage on light vehicles from 75% to 30%.
- Reduced Disruptor’s Super Combine and Dynamo Grenade damage on medium vehicles from 50% to 20%
- Reduced Disruptor’s Super Combine and Dynamo Grenade damage on heavy vehicles from 20% to 10%.
- Bullet on Light Vehicles damage reduced from 35% to 30%
- Reduced bullet damage on medium vehicles from 20% to 15%.
- Reduced explosion damage on light vehicles from 80% to 50%.
- Reduced explosion damage on medium vehicles from 45% to 30%.
- Reduced Hardlight damage on light vehicles from 100% to 75%
- Reduced Hardlight damage on medium vehicles from 100% to 70%
The boar can be taken down more easily with weapons like the M41 SPNKR or Repulsor Equipment. The odds of it changing in a specific way are listed below.
- An increase in horizontal momentum from 0.65 to 0.7
- An increase in vertical momentum from 0.9 to 1
- An increase in angular momentum from 0.65 to 0.7
Bots will not level up in a Last Sparton Standing custom game, even after having enough points to level up. The Xbox app or the Microsoft Store app version of Halo Infinite may download additional data when the game is launched.
For more Halo Infinite news, check out these stories:
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a portion of the proceeds if you purchase something featured on our site.