A new patch now available for Horizon Forbidden West adds a Pride Flag-inspired face paint for Aloy and fixes a number of bugs, including one that launched players into the sky after completing a specific run.
As detailed on Reddit, patch 1.18 primarily consists of bug fixes for various missions and activities, along with some audio and visual fixes, for developer Guerilla’s open-world sci-fi adventure. The addition of the Mark of Pride face paint is in terms of new content, and it can be acquired from Face Painters in Scalding Spear, Thornmarsh, and Bulwark.
There are also a small handful of changes to the game. Toughened Valor Surge level 3 melee damage resistance reduced from 50% to 35%.
The rest of the patch notes are dedicated to fixing bugs, such as one that sent players flying into the sky when completing Cliffs of the Cry Gauntlet Run. Other fixes include resolving an issue where player completion rate would get stuck at 99.42% after completing each Rebel Camp, removing an issue that could cause a “non-functional, low resolution” Thunderjaw appearing near Fall’s Edge, and camera issues when using a Blastsling weapon or activating Focus zoom.
Despite its release in February of this year, Guerilla has been consistent when it comes to improving Horizon Forbidden West. A patch last month added a VRR (variable refresh rate) mode and a new “balanced” 40fps graphics setting, with a June update adding New Game+, an Ultra Hard difficulty option, additional trophies and more. .
Horizon Forbidden West 1.18 Patch Notes
- Introduced the “Mark of Pride” pride flag face paint.
Aloy in “Mark of Pride” face paint
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “Faro’s Tomb” where the Hunter Merchant could be missing from Thebes.
- Fixed floating weapons in the cutscene after the “Talk to the Tenakth Marshal” quest objective of the “The Embassy” main quest.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Kulrut” where Hekarro was practicing his pantomime skills and got stuck behind an invisible wall.
- Fixed issues with players being unable to enter or exit The Base.
- Fixed an issue where a Kotallo call could play inside The Base without Kotallo being present.
- We now keep the Riverhymn Settlement icon on the map after completing the “The Roots That Bind” side quest.
- Fixed an issue where Porguf did not provide the option to start the “Broken Locks” Quest Quest.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where players could ride their ground mount across a lake.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Signal Spike” where the player was unable to progress after the objective “Search the cannon for the signal source”.
- Fixed an issue in Chainscrape where, before completing “The Bristlebacks” side quest, the Herbalist would have an icon above his head but not be interactable with.
- Fixed an issue on Salvage Contract “Mine Launchers” where progression could crash when the player set the custom difficulty setting for easy loot.
- Fixed an issue where after completing all salvage contracts in New Game Plus, the player could get the Oseram Artificer outfit twice.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “Devil’s Grasp” where the “Search Command Center” objective could crash after restarting from save.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “The Hive” where the “Destroy Weapons Cache” objective would not update after destroying all caches.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “Breached Rock” where the Rebel Champion would not have the Bunker Key in their loot if the player left the camp after killing the Rebels.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron CHI where a puzzle room would have distracting shadow flicker.
- Fixed an issue in Machine Strike where the health of a piece with the sweep ability could go to 255 instead of dying.
- Fixed an issue where players would remain stuck at 99.42% completion after completing all Rebel camps.
- we are taking off
againno more! Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run “Cliffs of the Cry” where upon completion of the run the player would launch into the sky.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to complete “Relics of the Ruins” in New Game+ due to already owning the Ancestor’s Return weapon from a previous game.
- Fixed an issue in Sunken Cavern “The Shining Wastes” where the player would get stuck if investigating an Oseram corpse while swimming.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Stash located in Las Vegas being placed underground.
- Fixed an inaccessible Supply Stash located North East of Rebel Outpost “Stillsands South” being placed underground.
- Fixed an issue where audio data points would be aborted on specific player actions.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Datapoint 37 could not be collected due to Veter not being interactive.
- Arrows ready? Made the Dreadwing more likely to attack when he was fighting in a wooded area.
- Additional visual effects for Tremortusk’s “Shatter Swing” and Thunderjaw “Laser Blast” attacks.
- Fixed an issue near Fall’s Edge where a non-functional, low resolution Thunderjaw could spawn.
- Fixed an issue where the “Stalker’s Primary Nerve” would drop as a drop for the Ravager’s antenna.
- Fixed an issue where setting a job for the Stalker primary nerve would place the reference point on the Ravager areas instead of the Stalker areas.
- Fixed an issue where Behemoth and Apex Behemoth would list “Bellowback Primary Nerve” as loot instead of “Behemoth Primary Nerve”.
- Fixed an area in Sheerside Climb where the player cannot fly on a flying mount.
- Fixed an issue where Apex Shellsnapper Hearts would appear under “Valuable Items to Sell” despite being used for upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where the job system would not direct the player to Apex machine parts.
- Fixed a camera issue where when aiming a Blastsling weapon and rotating the camera, the projectile parabola would shake.
- Fixed a camera issue where activating focus zoom during a normal zoom would have a jarring recoil.
- Fixed an issue where Hunter Bow could not be upgraded in New Game +.
- Fixed an issue with Carja’s Bane level 4 light arrows having the wrong amount of tear damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Rain of Sparks warrior bow level 3 upgrade changes the perks from “critical hit chance” to “multiple damage to enemy” and then back to “critical hit chance” at level 4 .
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to use Melee after fast traveling from a crawl space.
- Toughened Valor Surge level 3 has melee damage resistance reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Plant Collector now works on Medicinal Waterweed.
user interface/user experience
- Fixed “Pickup Animation” to reset to “On” in Settings when the “Reset” action is pressed.
- Fixed an issue where the job description in the Jobs menu in the Quest Log always shows Level 1, regardless of the actual level of the job.
- Fixed an issue where the custom marker was not visible in 3D space if the waypoint was marked at an idle mission location.
- Fixed an issue with subtitles being out of sync in the opening title sequence.
- Fixed an issue in the machine catalog where non-scanned machines can be seen when next to scanned machines.
Performance and stability
- Made improvements to TAA for PS5 and PS4 resolution mode.
- Fixed several cases where Aloy’s armor model would move when playing in balanced mode.
- Fixed an issue where geometry would appear in low resolution when omitting the opening title sequence.
- Introduced the “Mark of Pride” pride flag face paint.
- Fixed an issue where launching the game via activity cards could launch a new game in New Game Plus, instead of launching the selected activity.
- Fixed an issue where the “Auto Heal” setting would not fully heal Aloy after leaving combat for a short time.
- Fixed issues where the player would end up under terrain or get stuck inside geometry.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a portion of the proceeds if you purchase something featured on our site.