the FIFA 23 anti-cheat bug it’s an instant hurdle some PC gamers run into when trying to launch the game for the first time, either through Origin or Steam. This prevents anyone who encounters the bug from playing the soccer game, though it doesn’t seem to be a problem for anyone on other platforms.
The error seems to manifest itself in two ways: either preventing the game from loading with a simple black screen and needing to force close, or an actual error message in the anti-cheat itself saying “EA AntiCheat Service encountered an error. Please restart the game.” Here’s what you need to know to fix this frustrating problem.
FIFA 23 Anti-Cheat Bug Fix
There are a few potential methods you can employ to fix this FIFA 23 anti-cheat error. The first thing you should try is to simply restart the game – some people have reported that the above solution to turn it off and back on works here.
If that doesn’t work, you’ll want to try one of the following:
Run Origin/Steam as administrator
- Right click on the Origin or Steam app on the desktop or through the start menu.
- Select “run as administrator”, then allow it to make changes when the popup appears.
- Boot up FIFA 23 normally.
This may solve all your problems, however, it hasn’t worked for everyone. If you fall into that category, try the next solution.
Run and then remove the anti cheat itself
- Go to the EA anti-cheat folder (C:Program FilesEAAC).
- Start EAAntiCheat.Installer.exe and then close it.
- Remove EAAntiCheat.Installer.exe.
- Launch FIFA 23 via Origin or Steam.
This should reinstall the anti cheat and get past the errors. If not, there is one more method to try as a last resort.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$180VIEWNetwork N earns an affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
reinstall the game
- Run Steam or Origin as administrator, locate FIFA 23 and uninstall it completely.
- Then download it all again.
- Launch the game after re-downloading and it should finally work.
If you’re still at a crossroads, you’ll be pleased to hear that EA has acknowledged the bug on their public Trello board, so it shouldn’t be long before it’s fixed. In the meantime, read our guide to everything you need to know about FIFA 23 Career Mode, or use our Around The World, First XI, and Puzzle Master SBC solutions in the web app.