so you have collected Fire Emblem Engage and the Expansion Pass, but finds that the DLC is not working when he starts the game. What gives? Well, it could be a few things.
Before proceeding, you should first know that the items, accessories, and emblems in the first DLC pack for Fire Emblem Engage (and possibly the next three waves) unlock at various stages throughout the game. They won’t just appear when you first enter Elyos. It’s also worth noting that Nintendo released a Day 1 update (patch notes here) for Engage who played around with Expansion Pass compatibility and Internet options.
Possible Fire Emblem Engage DLC not working fixes
As Nintendo points out, be sure to tap Fire Emblem Engage with your main profile or, more specifically, the account you purchased the game and DLC Expansion on. This is especially important if you are not using your primary/registered Switch, which should automatically be your default primary profile. You can choose your profile when starting for the first time Fire Emblem Engage.
In fact, it is also possible that your Switch does not automatically choose its main profile if there are multiple users on the same switch. If this is the case, you can prevent this from happening in the future:
- Going into System Configuration.
- Scroll down to Users.
- Then choose Change Order, which will ensure that your primary profile is set as the default profile on your Switch.
If you are not sure which profile purchased the DLC content:
- Go to this Nintendo Accounts webpage.
- Select Shopping Menu on the left side under Family Group under your profile photo.
- You will be taken to a new window.
- Scroll down and select Purchase History under Wish List.
- You will access a new window with your complete purchase history.
- If he Fire Emblem Engage The DLC does not appear, it is possible that it was purchased on another account.
Also, make sure you have i downloaded the day 1 update for Fire Emblem Engage previously mentioned; It is important for DLC compatibility purposes to patch the game to Version 1.1.0. Note that EngageAdditional content for Nintendo Switch Online + is not part of the expansion pack like some DLC for mario kart 8, Animal Crossing: New HorizonsY splatoon 2so you don’t need a membership to access it.
Although the patch should have downloaded automatically, I personally have had times where my Switch wasn’t connected to the internet, and I thought it was. To make sure your Switch is connected correctly, confirm that the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of the home screen is not empty. If it is empty (no bars):
- Make sure your router is working properly and there are no interruptions from your ISP.
- If your internet is working fine elsewhere, go to System Settings.
- Scroll down to Internet (under Parental Controls).
- Choose Internet Settings.
- Connect to the correct network.
You can also choose Test Connection to make sure your Switch can connect to the Internet.
If the download does not start automaticallystand out Fire Emblem Engage on the Switch home screen, then press the “+” button on your Joy-Con. Then choose Software Update under Software Information. Then go to Via the Internet and press A.
your switch search for updates. If you get the message “You are using the latest version of this software” then you should be good to go.
With all of that taken care of, the next thing to do is just play the game. Once again, the DLC for Fire Emblem Engage it doesn’t unlock at once, and you might not even be able to pick it up if you don’t know where to look. Here’s when and where each set of Wave 1 DLC items is unlocked:
- Emblem Bracelet (Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude) – Available after the Lookout Ridge event in Somniel. This is in Chapter 6, after receiving the alert that “Something has been found on Lookout Ridge”. Time out or continue until you get this alert at the top of the screen.
- Emblem Bracelet (Tiki): Complete the Divine Prologue (also part of the DLC). This is after the above, from ch. 6 forward.
- Various support articles: reach Somniel in ch. 5; you will receive an alert at the top of the screen that “Smithy and Boutique” are open.
- various accessories: Visit the Somniel Boutique from Ch. 6. ahead.
- silver card: Find his location in Tiki’s divine prologue.
Of course, if the DLC still doesn’t work for you and you’ve done all of the above, it’s better to stick with it. General Nintendo Troubleshooting Guidelines– Reboot your system, download the DLC again, restart the game and play. If you can’t find the DLC but you bought it from the eShop and the above doesn’t work, try this to resolve the issue of DLC not working for Fire Emblem Engage.