- If you want to receive Android notifications on your PC, you need to connect the devices.
- The app called Phone Link, formerly known as Your Phone, is an app built into Windows 10 that allows users to connect their phones to their PCs.
- You can modify the app permissions and only allow it to access certain things from your phone, according to your preferences.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
If you own an Android smartphone, you’ll be glad to know that you can finally manage Android notifications in Windows 10.
The app that links your phone with your PC is called Phone Link, formerly known as Your Phone, and it allows you to view notifications from your smartphone right on your Windows 10 PC.
Also, you can view your entire SMS history or reply to messages directly from PC.
Read on to find out how to connect your devices so you can get Android notifications right on your PC.
How can I get Android notifications on my PC?
If you want to connect your Android phone to a Windows 10 PC to receive notifications on PC, you need to use the Phone Link app.
First, make sure you have the Phone Link app on your PC and that it is up to date. If you don’t have the app, you can get it from the Microsoft Store.
1. Press the button windows key on your keyboard and type phone link in the search box that opened, then click the first result to open the app.
2. Click Start.
3. Sign in with your preferred Microsoft account.
4. On your Android phone, go to the web address www.aka.ms/yourpc and install the Link to Windows app
When you’re done, go back to your PC and click I have the Link to Windows app Clever.
5. Choose between Pair with QR code Y Pair manually. If you choose the first option, the app will create a QR code for you to scan with your Android phone, to automatically connect your devices.
6. If you prefer to choose the Pair manually option, you need to open the Link to Windows app on your device, click Continueallow the app to access your camera, and then touch try another way.
Afterward, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account on your Android in order to connect the devices.
7. After connecting the devices, you just need to check the permissions. You can choose whether to allow Windows Link to do the following:
- Access your contacts
- Make and manage phone calls
- Send and view SMS messages
- Access photos and media on your device
8. Then click Continue.
9. Select if you want to allow the app to run in the background.
10. Click Done.
11. And that’s it. From now on, you will receive notifications and messages from your Android phone right on your desktop.
If you have missed any of them, you can always find them in the Windows 10 Notification Center.
It is worth mentioning that you can also reply to messages from all your messaging apps, not just your default Android SMS app. One less to get the phone out of your pocket!
Is your phone app not connecting to the smartphone? Check out our guide to solve the problem in no time.
In case your Android phone is not recognized by your Windows 10 PC, we have another dedicated guide to help you fix the problem.
If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Start a conversation