Riot lead designer Phroxzon has released a full patch preview, giving players an overview of the changes coming with League of Legends patch 12.16. Phroxzon has stated that these changes are relatively low key, with something big to come after MOBA’s Worlds tournament later this year.
While these changes might seem pretty inconsequential, the Rift ecosystem is so fragile that when a butterfly flaps its wings in Argentina, Irelia gets a Pentakill in bot lane.
League of Legends Patch 12.16 Notes
Below is the full preview of the League of Legends 12.16 patch notes, as published by Riot lead designer Matt Leung-Harrison.
- Rapid Fire (Q): Attack Speed 50-110% > 65-125%
Tristana’s kit is more burst focused than a normal ADC, so a substantial attack speed buff should make it much easier to max out her Explosive Charge stacks.
- Spellthief (W): Minion spawn rate 1/12 > 1/10
- Sleepy Trouble Bubble (E): Damage 60-220 (+40% AP) > 70-230 (+45% AP)
Being able to pick up summoner spells from minions is one of the reasons Zoe can be so useful as a mid-laner, increasing the regularity of her spawn will further increase her lane pressure and usefulness in helping the rest of the lane. equipment.
- Armor per level: 4.2 > 4.7
- Base Magic Resist: 28 >30
A simple buff, but one that Irelia mains should be happy with. Top lane terror who, when used correctly, has no problem dealing damage, so a boost to his resistances should help him stay in fights.
- Headshot (Passive): Attack Damage Ratio 60-110% > 60-120%
- Ace in the Hole (R): Now deals up to 25% additional damage based on critical strike chance
These buffs add a bit more scale to Caitlyn, especially for those who opt for a crit build instead of the first hit lethality path that has proven popular. She won’t see the benefits of these changes until later in a match, but at her full build, Caitlyn will hit harder in every aspect.
- Second Aspect (Passive): Damage on Hit 4-16 > 5-23
- Second Aspect (Passive): Bonus Damage Per Stack 1-8 > 1-12
- Icathian Rain (Q): Ability Power Ratio 25% > 30%
- Killer Instinct (R): Ability Power Ratio 90% > 120%
A pretty substantial damage boost for Kai’sa with these buffs, as well as offering more protection when she goes all-in with her ult (provided she has enough AP). Building stacks on your passive isn’t going to be more important than ever.
- Base Armor: 22 > 24
- To the skies! (Q): Melee Bonus AD Rate 120% > 130%
- Transform Mercury Cannon (R): Bonus AD Ratio 25% > 30%
An increase in both armor and damage output should put Jayce in a strong position after 12.16. Destroying resistances with your ranged attacks and then going in for the kill should be easier than ever.
- Granite Shield (Passive): Cooldown 10-6s > 8-6s
- Thunder (W): Cooldown 12s > 12-10s
Reducing Malphite’s passive cooldown by 2 seconds early game might not sound like much, but having that shield more often in lane means the enemy will have a hard time making their damage stick. You will be able to trade more often with very few drawbacks.
- Grappling Roots (E): Podcast Lock 0.15-0.4s > 0.15s
This change, while a bit confusing at first, is intended to standardize the amount of time Zyra is in place after casting Grasping Roots.
- Ultrashock Laser (W): Ability Power Ratio 60% > 40%
- Burst Shot (Q): Attack Damage Ratio 105-125% > 100-120%
Zeri finds herself on the chopping block once again. An additional nerf to her AP ratio should see her neighbor unusable in mid lane, while Q nerfs should see her damage decreased in bot lane.
- Zoomies (E): Movement Speed 20% (+6% per 100 AP) > 20% (+2% per 100 AP)
- Zoomies (E): Cooldown 12-8s – 12-10s
While it doesn’t directly affect the amount of healing Yuumi does, this nerf will change the frequency and alternate utility of her Zoomies. Being chased by a champion with unlimited health and ridiculous movement speed is never pleasant, hopefully this will reduce the chances of that happening.
- Spinning Ax (Q): Base Damage 45-65 > 40-60
A slight nerf to Draven’s damage should make opponents have a little easier early game against him, though not as noticeable with a few items under his belt.
- Hammer Shock (Q): Monster Damage 50-170 > 30-150
Another change Poppy won’t notice when she’s got an item or two, but nerfing her early game to get out of the jungle is pretty important: slower clear means less lane pressure, reducing her utility as a jungler.
- Lunar Silver Blade (Passive): Damage 20-250 (+50% AP) > 20-220 (+55% AP)
- Lunar Rush (E): Ability Power Ratio 45% 50%
This change comes about as an attempt to steer Diana away from a thug build into an outright assassin. Players are now rewarded for building more AP, so we may have seen the last of the Sunfire Aegis jungle builds…hopefully, anyway.
- Damage Amplification: 9% > 10%
- Damage Amp Duration: 4s > 5s
That’s all the current information we have for the upcoming 12.16 patch: while the changes aren’t groundbreaking, it will be interesting to see how things pan out. If there is any Zeri power grid out there, I feel sorry for you; I wonder if Riot is trying to set a record for ‘nerfs in a row’? Stay strong. If you want to know what changes are currently live, check out the League of Legends 12.15 patch notes, and while you’re at it, why not see how much you’ve spent on League of Legends so far?