news tip Overwatch 2: a new bug plagues players’ PCs, here’s what to do
Despite recent updates and various stabilizations from Blizzard, bugs continue to flood the free-to-play Overwatch 2. Evidenced by the latest, subject of an investigation by the studio, which crashes the player computer.
- Overwatch 2: a new bug spotted, Blizzard is investigating
- What should I do if my PC restarts when I play Overwatch 2?
Overwatch 2: a new bug spotted, Blizzard is investigating
Since its release almost 10 days ago, Overwatch 2 has come with a lot of malfunctions. If the long queues are gone and player cosmetics seem to have made a comeback. Nevertheless, there are still some small slags that Blizzard tries to settle on a case-by-case basis such as the various bugs of ability sets regarding Torbjorn and Bastion. Among these malfunctions, another seems to be still there with the latest update and patch 220.127.116.11.106232: some players are complaining involuntary restarts or even shutdowns of their in-game computer. An issue taken seriously by Blizzard:
We are currently investigating an issue with computers restarting or shutting down while playing #Overwatch2. You can find out more and participate in the survey by following this link.
What should I do if my PC restarts when I play Overwatch 2?
A link that leads directly to the Blizzard forums. The problem is seen to happen to players when they queue up to join a game. It is on this same forum that the studio recommends the procedure to follow in the event that you are the victim of such a malfunction:
- Press Windows key + R.
- In the Run window, type dxdiag and press Enter.
- In the DirectX window, click Save All Info.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with notepad.
- In the display section, click on the button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the content of the DXDIAG. This will make the information much more readable.
- If you are unable to post this document due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com 26 and share the direct link with us instead. Also use the button to share the link.
A simple manipulation to help Blizzard find a solution, we hope as soon as possible, to this really annoying problem.