news tip Overwatch 2: follow this tip if you want to keep your skins!
The release of Overwatch 2 is slowly approaching, and players can finally start linking all their accounts to keep their skins and progress from the first game. If you don’t want to lose everything when you launch the sequel, we explain how to do.
Scheduled for October 4, Overwatch 2 is probably one of the most anticipated competitive FPS of this end of the year. If we now know that the multiplayer mode of the game will be free for everyone and that the lootboxes will disappear in favor of a battle pass, a question still remained concerning the cosmetics already unlocked. Indeed, at present, the first Overwatch does not allow cross-platform progression, which means that players who own the game on several different machines cannot use the unlocked items on a machine other than the one they are playing on. Only, Overwatch 2 will benefit from this feature, provided you link all your machines to a Battle.net account. Fortunately, Activision Blizzard is getting ahead of the game and allowing all users to link their accounts today to make sure they don’t lose anything in the process. We explain how to do it.
- One account to rule them all
- I can’t find my account!
- 1st method
- 2nd method
One account to rule them all
Let’s start with the simplest: if you are used to playing Overwatch only on PC, you will have absolutely nothing to do. Indeed, your cosmetics and your tokens will be automatically transferred from your game to its suite.
If you play on console or on several platforms at the same time, on the other hand, you will have to make sure that your console accounts are linked to your Battle.net account. If this is already the case, the next time you log into the game, you should receive a message directly on the welcome screen offering to merge all your accounts into one. The game will then detect all the machines linked to your Battle.net account, and you will be able to select the accounts you want to keep. Follow the instructions provided to ensure that your progress is retained, and all your skins and tokens obtained on console will follow you when Overwatch 2 arrives.
Please note that it will only be possible to keep one account per machine for your Battle.net profile. In other words, if you have two Overwatch accounts on your PlayStation 4, for example, you will only be able to select one to migrate your content to Overwatch 2. Alternatively, if you play on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, for example, it will be possible to keep the two accounts as well as all the cosmetics unlocked on them, and to migrate them to your unique battle.net account.
I can’t find my account!
If when logging into Overwatch on your console you do not receive a message asking you to select the console accounts to keep for the release of Overwatch 2, it probably means that your console account was not linked to a Battle account. net. To correct this problem, you can of course go directly through the management of your account on the Blizzard website (in which case you will have to click on the button “+Login” to the right of the console account you want to link), but you can also do it from the game menus:
- Launch the game on your system
- Press the confirmation button to go to the home screen.
- An alphanumeric code and a QR code will be visible
- The alphanumeric code can be entered at blizzard.com/link
- The QR code can be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game
- Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to complete the connection between your console game and your Battle.net account.
- You will receive an in-game message notifying you that your account is now successfully connected
- In Options, select Link Accounts tab
- Click Link Accounts (A browser will open)
- Log in to your Battle.net account
- If you don’t have a Battle.net account, click Create a Free Battle.net Account
- Accept the permissions for the Battle.net app and click Continue to complete the connection
Once you have completed these steps, you will only need to restart the game to see the welcome message which will allow you to select the console account in question to keep its data on Overwatch 2. For more information on this account migration to Overwatch 2 and what it entails, we redirect you to Blizzard’s FAQ on the subject.