Peggle is great, but there aren’t enough things trying to eat you. He enters Roundguard, a “bouncy dungeon runner” that combines pinball physics from Peggle with the roguelikeness of, well, Rogue.
Roundguard has been available on Switch for a couple of years, but now it’s getting a fresh coat of paint with the Encore 2.0 update, which will add a ton of new content to the game. Here is a list of the new features:
- Encore mode that is unlocked after winning a race with any hero.
- New bosses: the mad virologist, the mad doctor, Greg and Carl, Bleary, Blinky and Goo, the robotic heart and the infected heart.
- New monsters and dangers: Thirsty Imp, Weird Lab Rat, Toxic Mushroom, Doc’s Monster, Doc’s Helper, Plasma Balloons, Robot Worm, Infected Worm, Sick Valve.
- The Wheel of Woes with 32 different rules to alter the dungeon and keep you on your toes.
- Five new Relics to unlock, including Endless Mode to put your skills to the test.
- New accessibility options, including game speed settings and arachnophobia mode.
This is Roundguard’s fourth free update since its release in 2020, so if you pick up the game today (it’s even on sale right now!) you can also benefit from additional playable classes, daily and weekly challenges, new bosses and monsters. , and achievements
Have you collected Roundguard? Is he as good at Slay The Spire? Tell us in the comments!