Do you want to unlock the remnant 2 Summoner archetype? This particular class is capable of summoning root creatures, turning them into minions that can attack your enemies. Our guide looks at the remnant 2 Summoner unlock method, skills, perks and traits.
Remnant 2 Summoner Archetypes Guide
How to Unlock the Summoner Archetype
The Summoner class is not available at the start of the game. Instead, you will need to reach the Yaesha biome, where you will find the Bloodmoon Altar. then you will have to Collect 15 Blood Moon Essences so you can purchase the Faded Grimoire. Once you have it, she goes back to Wallace in Ward 13 and trade it for the class engram.
- Long weapon: Crossbow
- Gun: MP60-R
- melee: spear of rebellion
If you unlock the remnant 2 Summoner class during your initial game, then can be selected later if you create a new character. As for his initial loadout, these items were all in my main character’s inventory when I made an alternate just to check the Summoner’s gear. It’s also worth noting that the crossbow is the reward from the Imperial Gardens puzzle.
Summoner Unique Trait
new outbreak — Increases health regeneration by up to 1.5 HP per second at level 10. Note that unique traits increase as you level up in the class. At level 10, it can be selected even if you “unequip” the controller and replace it with something else. However, you must reallocate trait points or re-equip the Handler class if you want to have its effects once more.
The abilities of the Summoner archetype in remnant 2 involve the root minions. Pressing the ability button spawns the creature, which also costs a bit of HP. Meanwhile, holding down the ability button sacrifices the creature, dealing damage to your enemies, along with other effects like reducing the cooldown based on that minion’s remaining health.
- To unlock: Available by default.
- Minion Action: Rolls across the ground dealing melee damage; maximum of two Slots.
- Sacrifice Effect: Explodes for 150 damage within five meters.
- Max HP Cost: 15% HP per minion.
- To unlock: Available at level 5.
- Minion Action: A floating creature that fires projectiles of purple flame; maximum of two Flyers.
- Sacrifice effect: Deals 50 damage in a three meter radius; creates three homing projectiles that explode for 150 damage each.
- Max HP Cost: 10% HP per minion.
- To unlock: Available at level 10.
- Minion Action: A tanky creature that takes and deals a lot of punishment; maximum of a Reaver.
- Sacrifice Effect: Deals 200 damage in a twenty-foot radius; creates spore bombs that explode for 200 damage each.
- Max HP Cost: 35% HP per minion.
Unfortunately, the Summoner archetype has minions with terrible AI, like they just don’t plan on surviving too long. Based on experience, I’ve noticed that they tend to attack hostiles easily, causing them to take a lot of damage. They need a lot of help from you or your teammates if you want them to stay.
Also, creatures will drain your HP, so you’ll have to spend a relic charge or rely on a healer. Interacting with a Worldstone will make them disappear, so you can’t get free heals and keep them at the same time. At the very least, I suggest buying the Soul Anchor amulet from the Bloodmoon Altar. Grants +20% damage for 30 seconds after spawning a minion.
Summoner Core Perk
Primary Perk: Ruthless — Dealing damage to a minion causes it to enrage, granting +30% increased damage, attack speed, and movement speed; lasts 20 seconds.
I definitely had to shoot my Root minions multiple times just to give them the enrage buff, but I was also careful not to reduce their HP too much. The enrage perk causes them to deal more damage to opponents, so they can take out as many as possible before they are killed or sacrificed as well. Also, don’t forget that each class’s Prime Perk can only stay active if it’s your main archetype (ie the one on the left of the panel when you “equip” a class).
He remnant 2 The summoner archetype has several perks that automatically upgrade as you level up. These boosts will remain active whether it is your parent class (ie the left side of the panel) or the child class (ie the right side).
Damage Perk: Dominator
- Default: +3.5% damage from mods and abilities while a minion is active; the sacrifice increases your ranged and melee damage by +3% for 30 seconds, or until another minion is summoned.
- Updated: Sacrifice also increases your mod and ability crit chance by +5%.
Equipment Perk: Residue
- Default: Expiring minions leave behind a ten-foot aura that heals for 2.5% HP per second; lasts 10 seconds.
- Updated: The aura left behind also adds +20% healing and life steal effects.
Utility Perk: Outrage
- Default: Sacrifice grants +3% lifesteal per minion; lasts 10 seconds.
- Updated: Adds +15% movement speed when you sacrifice a minion.
Relic Perk – Incite
- Default: Using a relic grants minions +5% max health per second and +15% damage dealt; lasts 30 seconds.
- Updated: Minions affected by the goad buff gain +15% critical strike chance.
That’s it – That’s all you need to know about the Summoner archetype class in remnant 2. Since you need some additional heals and buffs, you might want to combine it with the Doctor, Manipulatoreither Alchemist. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our remnant 2 guide center.