If Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge got you hooked on reptile-based beat ’em ups, then we’ve got a treat in store for you. COWCAT Games has announced that its point-and-click adventure and beat ’em up hybrid, BROK the InvestiGator, is coming to Switch this winter.
The game launches on Steam a little later this month (August 26 to be precise), and the new trailer gets us excited as we see the mystery enter the world of handheld.
Unlike the Shredder’s Revenge slam fest we know and love, BROK promises that adventure and mystery will be the driving force behind the game. think disney zootopia satisfies mad max as the game follows an alligator detective forced to investigate a mystery in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
Looking at the trailer above, it seems like it’s entirely up to you how impactful you are, which ultimately answers the question: what if Professor Layton threw his hands away?
For full game features, check out the official COWCAT roundup below:
An experience rich in deep and emotional narrative full of characters reminiscent of classic cartoons from the 80s/90s.
The first game that combines a “Classic Adventure” with “Beat’em up” and RPG elements!
– Solve puzzles with your wits… or your muscles!
– Make decisions that impact the game and/or the story
– Easy mode for pure point and click gameplay (fights can be skipped)
– Level up to beat enemies and bosses.
– Combine clues to discover the truth!
– Tips in the game
– Two playable characters, switch at any time
– 15 to 20 hours of duration in the first game
– Multiple different endings to unlock
– Full voice acting (23,000 lines)
– All controls supported (mouse, keyboard or controller)
While we don’t yet have an official release date for Switch, the winter window promises some alligator action for those cozy nights.
Are you excited to give BROK The InvestiGator a try? Tell us in the comments!