The Switch Online Nintendo 64 app received an update earlier today, bringing it to version 2.4.0 and adding pokemon snap at the service However, that is not all.
As you probably already know, Nintendo doesn’t release patch notes for app updates like this, but luckily we have some insights to share about what’s going on behind the scenes in this latest update, courtesy of Nintendo data miner. OatsDome.
Here are the full findings:
[NSO – Nintendo 64] Version 2.4.0 is out.
– Added Pokémon Snap. Since EU has 4 ROMs (one per language), they get 4 boxes on the selection screen.
– Added text “Microphone cannot be used when holding the controller in this way”. (Ported from the Famicom NSO app?)
– Nintendo is starting to remove comments from configuration files, making it hard to tell what was changed.
– Added CPU hack to Star Fox 64.
– Added CPU hack to Kirby 64.
– Changed AOT executable and PCB file for F-Zero X and Mario Golf.
Last month’s N64 app update made a number of minor tweaks to the service’s existing library of games. Nintendo has also made some significant changes since the release of this Expansion Pack library, such as restoring the fog in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Read More – Pokémon Snap is now available in the Switch Online expansion pack
What do you think of the latest batch of tweaks coming with version 2.4.0? Did you notice something yourself? Have you tried the Expansion Pack service yet? Leave a comment below.