Quarterback is an important position in the NFL. The entire offense must go through them, which remains true in Madden NFL 23. Every year, the game’s fantasy build mode, Madden Ultimate Team, releases a “Core Set” that is supposed to mimic the player’s position in franchise mode. This guide lists the top 10 quarterbacks in MUT this year based on OVR rating.
Related: Fastest QBs in Madden 23
Who are the best MUT quarterbacks in Madden 23?
- Bills QB Josh Allen (88 OVR)
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes (87 OVR)
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (87 OVR)
- Buccaneers QB Tom Brady (86 OVR)
- Chargers QB Justin Herbert (86 OVR)
- Bengals QB Joe Burrow (85 OVR)
- Rams QB Matthew Stafford (85 OVR)
- Cowboys QB Dak Prescott (84 OVR)
- Russell Wilson, Broncos quarterback (83 OVR)
- Cardinals QB Kyler Murray (83 OVR)
It’s worth noting that current Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins also has an 83 OVR, but with only a 65 speed rating, he’s no match when Murray is tied for best speed rating in 83, with only former cover star Lamar Jackson to match him. On the opposite end of that spectrum is Brady, who only has 57 speed and obviously isn’t going to spend any time out of the pocket.
Josh Allen secures that 88 rating thanks to a best-in-class 89 launch power rating, which means he can launch the ball just about anywhere. However, because of that extra OVR point, Allen will still be expensive for a few weeks. Prices can even vary from hour to hour, so while it’s impossible to make a real recommendation on who to buy from, we can say that Joe Burrow will end up being much more affordable. Any one of these players should get you well into the start of the regular season, so it’s up to you.