Update: Thursday June 23, 11:45 BST: It’s finally here! Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition has released digitally for the Nintendo Switch, ending the long wait since the game’s original planned release in 2020.
Now, depending on your region, the game may not Quite be available in the eShop yet, but stay tuned over the course of the next few hours and it will be ready to buy in due time.
Remember, if you’re looking to get your hands on a physical copy of the game, pre-orders will go live tomorrow on the Limited Run Games website. You can also go for the Collector’s Edition or Definitive Edition if you’re feeling pretty decadent.
We hope to have a review of the game soon, but chances are if you’re a fan of Bounty hunteryou’ll be taking this one anyway!
Original article: Tuesday 7th June, 10:30 BST:
After its initial announcement in March 2020, the excitement for Nightdive Studios’ Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition faded when the game was delayed indefinitely later that year.
Now, over two years later, the game finally appears to be close to release, with Limited Run Games announcing a physical edition of the title. Pre-orders will open on June 24 at a price of $34.99. Limited Run’s announcement via Twitter mentions the Classic and Ultimate editions of the game, but currently the website only shows the standard version.
Here is some information about the game from the official Limited Run site:
Westwood Studios, the company that brought real time to strategy games with Command & Conquer, brings real time to adventure games with the sci-fi classic Blade Runner.
Armed with your investigative skills and the Blade Runner tools of the trade, you’ll immerse yourself in a world that lives and breathes around you with innovative lighting and visual effects. Your ability to survive will be tested in the richest gaming environment ever seen.
– Immerse yourself in the dark and gritty world of Los Angeles 2019, where you become both the hunter and the hunted.
– Explore over 100 interactive environments, including locations from the 1982 Ridley Scott movie.
– Take part in a non-linear story that creates a unique experience every time you play.
– Interact with over 70 motion-captured characters, all with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their own agendas
– Stunning visuals as well as atmospheric smoke, fog, fire and rain that affect your character in real time.
– Recognize the Hollywood cast from the original film, including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brion James and William Sanderson.
– Listen to multi-track ambient audio and listen to music including specially recreated cuts from the original Blade Runner soundtrack.
– Take on the role of a Blade Runner using the ESPER photo analysis machine, administering the Voigt-Kampff replicant detection test, flying in a police Spinner, and analyzing clues with your Knowledge Integration Assistant (KIA)
We’ll update this post when pre-orders go live so you don’t miss out.
Your reaction time is a factor in this, so pay attention; reply as fast as you can. Will you buy Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition from Limited Run? Let us know!