The Atari version of the WarioWare formula, Atari Mania, has a firm release date and will land on Switch on October 13. Originally announced in June, the game will feature more than 150 microgames inspired by Atari’s extensive catalog spanning several decades.
The game arrives as Atari itself celebrates its 50th anniversary, having released on June 27, 1972. However, gamers looking to celebrate the occasion need not limit themselves to Atari Mania, as the company will also be releasing Atari 50: The Anniversary. Celebration later. this year, featuring more than 90 playable titles and “museum-style” add-on extras.
Here’s more on what to expect from Atari Mania:
– manic mashups – Over 150 microgames inspired by the breadth of Atari’s decades-long catalog, from asteroids a Yard’s Revenge. Fight centipedes with a Pong paddle while the iconic Adventure dragon chases after you! It’s crossover madness in the best possible way!
– Excellent Exploration – Solve tricky puzzles and use clever tools to progress through the Vault and discover classically inspired Atari Easter Eggs.
– Pixel perfect dynamism – A charming neo-retro art update of the classic Atari 2600 style is complete with a soundtrack of retro-inspired jams.
– Characters like you’ve never seen them before – Come face to face with some of the greatest games and characters in gaming history. Trust us, you’ll never think of Bentley Bear the same way again!
– Hidden treasure of Atari history – Collectibles abound, including vintage Atari artwork, posters, manuals, and fun facts. Fully playable versions of remastered Atari classics are unlocked by completing daring challenges.
In the absence of any current I play WarioWare recently, will you be adding Atari Mania to your Switch Collection? Tell us in the comments below!